QLC presents awards Tuesday @ St. Matthew Trinity Lutheran Parish Hall
On Tuesday, November 25, 2014, starting at 7:00 p.m., the Hoboken Quality of Life Coalition will, for the first time since 2011, present five Thanksgiving Awards at St. Matthew Trinity Lutheran Parish Hall, on Eighth Street between Washington and Hudson Streets. These honors will be presented to citizens and groups that have freely given of their time and talent to make Hoboken a better place in which to live and work.
The 2014 recipients and their awards are:
- Hoboken Grace Community Church is receiving the Environment Award;
- David Calamoneri , Julie Harari and Nora Martinez DeBenedetto of the Farmer’s Markets are awarded the Community Service Award;
- Bill Bergin of the Fire Department Museum gains the Saving Our History Award;
- Alpha Phi Omega Fraternity at Stevens receives the Community Awareness Award;
- Tom Olivieri posthumously is granted the Lifetime Citizen Activist Award In Memoriam.
The Hoboken Thanksgiving Awards were initiated in 2005 and were distributed yearly through 2011. This year reestablishes the presentations for the first time since Hurricane Sandy. The awards are a way for the community to express gratitude for the energy and talent provided by ordinary citizens who have volunteered their time and talent without remuneration for the benefit of the city.
The general public is encouraged to attend. Admission is free.