A proposed science themed Charter School asks for feedback
Proposed Science-Themed Charter School Seeks Community Input:
A team of Hoboken parents and educators is putting together a proposal for a new, science-themed charter school for Hoboken. As part of this process, they are reaching out to the community to gauge interest and seek input.
The survey is available online at http://davincicharter.wordpress.com/community-survey/. All Hoboken residents are encouraged to fill it out.
Some brief information about the proposed school:
(1) If approved, DaVinci Charter School of Hoboken will open in September 2013 with Kindergarten – 2nd grade, and will expand to K-5.
(2) DaVinci will be a S.T.E.M.-focused school – Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. In addition to receiving high-quality instruction in reading and writing and all core subjects, students will participate several times a week in hands-on science experiments and engineering projects.
(3) DaVinci will offer a small, nurturing, and personal community where every child is known.
(4) DaVinci believes in adapting our teaching to the individual child – not the other way around.
(5) The curriculum will be Project Based. This means that students will learn largely through working on real-life-related, engaging, and often interdisciplinary projects that are connected to rigorous academic standards.