It’s no blizzard but…
City of Hoboken announces:
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Watch from Tuesday evening through Wednesday afternoon. Possible snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches are predicted.
The City of
The City is offering suggestions for residents to minimize the impact of the storm:
· If you do not have to travel, stay home and do not drive. If you must travel, use mass transit. Vehicles that get stranded in the snow will hinder emergency response and cleanup operations.
· Do not park on emergency snow routes. As soon as streets are snow-covered, cars along these routes may be towed. A state of emergency does not need to be declared for towing to occur. Additionally, the Police Chief has declared the entire length of
9th Street as well as Vezzetti Way between Washington Street and Willow Avenue to be temporary no parking zones due to the snow emergency. A list and map of emergency snow routes is available on the City website: http://www.hobokennj.org/departments/transportation-parking/emergency-snow-routes/. The City has designated Vezzetti Way from Washington Street to Willow Avenue as well as 17th Street for storing removed snow. Residents who believe they have been towed should call Mile Square Towing at (201) 217-3133
· Consider parking in a municipal garage. Due to the predicted storm, a special rate of $5 per 24 hour period is being offered in Garages B (
28 2nd Street) and D ( 215 Hudson Street) to residents with a parking permit decal or Temporary parking permit placard beginning at 8pm on Monday, January 10 through 8pm on Thursday, January 13. This rate is applicable while space is available.
· Residents may contact the
as of 3 pm on Tuesday with questions or areas that need snow plowing by calling 201-239-6643/6644/6647/6648. For emergencies, call 911 or the Hoboken Police Department at 201-420-2100. Emergency Operations Center
· Monitor the City website, http://www.hobokennj.org or sign up to receive free email or text updates from the City via Nixle by visiting http://local.nixle.com/city-of-hoboken.
· Download, review, and distribute to neighbors or post in common areas the storm parking information flyer:http://www.hobokennj.org/docs/transportation/StormParkingFlyer.pdf
· Residents are reminded that it is illegal to shovel snow back onto streets or onto fire hydrants. Property owners or occupants are responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow within 6 hours of the completion of a storm, and residents are urged to assist elderly or disabled neighbors with clearing snow from their properties.
· Alternate side parking regulations will be suspended during the storm.
· Residents who wish to extend their stay in the garage and who have a parking permit decal or Temporary parking permit placard are reminded that overnight parking (8pm to 8am) is available at a rate of $5.00. This rate is available in Garages B (
28 2nd Street), D ( 215 Hudson Street) and Midtown every day of the year.
Get the latest