Snow coming, but not the blizzard kind
City of Hoboken announces:
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory which is in effect from 4 am on Friday morning through 1 am on Saturday. Snow may be heavy at times and accumulations of 2 to 5 inches are currently predicted.
The City is offering suggestions for residents to minimize the impact of the storm:
· If you do not have to travel, stay home and do not drive. If you must travel, use mass transit.
· Do not park on emergency snow routes. As soon as streets are snow-covered, cars along these routes may be towed. A state of emergency does not need to be declared for towing to occur. A list and map of emergency snow routes is also available on the City website: http://www.hobokennj.org/departments/transportation-parking/emergency-snow-routes/
· Consider parking in a municipal garage. Due to the predicted storm, a special rate of $5 per 24 hour period is being offered in Garages B (
28 2nd Street) and D ( 215 Hudson Street) to residents with a parking permit decal or Temporary parking permit placard beginning at 8pm on Thursday, January 6 through 8pm on Saturday, January 8.
· Monitor the City website, http://www.hobokennj.org or sign up to receive free email or text updates from the City via Nixle by visiting http://local.nixle.com/city-of-hoboken or texting 07030 to 888777.
· Download, review, and distribute to neighbors or post in common areas the storm parking information flyer:http://www.hobokennj.org/docs/transportation/StormParkingFlyer.pdf
· It is illegal to shovel snow back onto streets or onto fire hydrants. Property owners or occupants are responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow within 6 hours of the completion of a storm.
· Alternate side parking regulations will be in effect and enforced to permit crews to properly plow the full street width.
Vezzetti Way from Washington Street to Willow Avenue has been designated for storing removed snow. Temporary no parking signs were posted on Wednesday.
· Residents may contact the
as of 9 am on Friday by calling 201-239-6643/6644/6646/6647/6648. Emergency Operations Center
· Residents who wish to extend their stay in the garage and who have a parking permit decal or Temporary parking permit placard are reminded that overnight parking (8pm to 8am) is available at a rate of $5.00. This rate is available in Garages B (
28 2nd Street), D ( 215 Hudson Street) and Midtown every day of the year.
Get the latest