Sign of the Times: Ravi Bhalla’s pimped out 9 person chauffeur driven SUV
Update: Late Friday, Hoboken Police Chief Kenny Ferrante offered some additional background on the above vehicle with the following details.
- Mayor Zimmer never accepted a security detail or vehicle for government business
- Other Hoboken mayors had dedicated vehicles and likely every mayor in Hudson County
- The SUV is not “assigned to the Mayor “solely” but for his security detail and other dignitaries and related matters
- The SUV is only driven by two approved police personnel
- The SUV is paid for by Hoboken taxpayers and one of two unmarked investigative police vehicles
- The security detail was advised by the FBI after the 2017 mayoral election and is tinted for added security of occupants.
Talking Ed Note: Well all of HudCo does it so… Hoboken taxpayers will have to decide on the justification for this SUV and the attached costs of the security detail. Is it truly warranted?
Mayor Ravi Bhalla used this SUV for his jaunt to Atlantic City and its annual League of Municipalities; chauffeured “security” along for the ride.
Correction: This vehicle may seat only 8 maximum.