Oktoberfest returns to Hoboken October 12th and 13th!
Saints Peter and Paul Church announces:
Church announced the dates and times for the 2nd Annual Hoboken
It will continue the next day from noon until 10 pm, and in addition to the “all German” beer garden, it will feature food vendors, a DJ spinning music by day, live music by local group “Your Ex-Boyfriends” at night, various entertainment events and a kids village.
“We started Oktoberfest because Hoboken has deep German roots and Saints Peter & Paul was founded by the German community,” said Michael D’Imperio, Organizing Committee member. “We saw this as an opportunity to honor that history while bringing Hoboken together for a fun Fall event.”
D’Imperio said some of the “delicious food” Oktoberfest attendees can look forward to include:
· “Beer-brats” prepared by Hoboken Gourmet—succulent bratwurst marinated and cooked in beer accompanied by sauerbraten
· Fresh pierogi—a hard-to-find menu item in Hoboken!
· Jumbo sausage and peppers delights served by a mobile gastronomic unit
· Cannolis filled with sweat cream made to order for all dessert lovers
The kids village will also feature:
· Moon Bounce
· Inflatable Obstacle Course
· Inflatable Game Tent
· Fall arts and crafts projects like Pumpkin Painting, Sand Art & Spin Art
The Oktoberfest sponsors this year include the Hoboken University Medical Center, R Fiore Real Estate, Nash Beverage Distributors and the Hoboken Rotary Club.
“We can all be proud of Oktoberfest’s positive impact in the community. Through the efforts of the volunteers who make the event possible, Oktoberfest brings neighbors together in a fun and friendly atmosphere,” said Msgr. Robert Meyer, Esq, Pastor of Saints Peter & Paul.
Last year, close to 1,000 residents and out-of-towners visited Hoboken Oktoberfest and organizers expect twice that number to attend this years’.