The ins and outs on the 4th
City of Hoboken announces:
4th OF JULY STREET CLOSURE AND PARKING INFORMATION
With the Macy’s Fireworks relocating to the Hudson River this year, Hoboken will be host to tens of thousands of guests on July 4th. To assure the welfare of both residents and visitors, the City of Hoboken has established a comprehensive public safety action plan.
The fireworks display will begin at 9:20 pm and last 26 minutes with approximately 1,500 bursts per minute.
Due to the closure of Hudson Place, Vezetti Way (Observer Highway) from Washington St. to Willow Ave. will be the designated taxi area with no public parking after 8 am.
The following streets will be closed to all traffic except emergency vehicles between 8 am and midnight on July 4th:
· Sinatra Dr. from 15th St. to 1st St. Parking will be prohibited beginning July 3rd at 8 am.
· River St. from Hudson Place (PATH) to 4th St., however between 1st St. and 3rd St, River St will be open for limited access to residents and parking patrons only.
Additionally, no parking will be permitted on the following streets between 8 am and midnight on July 4th:
· Sinatra Dr. from 15th St. to 1st St (no parking as of July 3rd at 8 am)
· 4th St. from River to Clinton (on the south side of the street)
· Willow Ave. from 11th St. to 4th St. (on the west side of the street)
· Hudson place (by the PATH)
· Newark Street from Hudson St. to Sinatra Dr.
· Clinton St. from 7th St. to 8th St.
· Hudson St. from 14th St. to Observer Hwy. (on the west side of the street)
Visitors are strongly encouraged to arrive via public transit options including the PATH, Hudson-Bergen Light Rail, or NJ Transit commuter trains and buses. Additional information and schedules can be found at http://www.panynj.gov/path/ and http://www.njtransit.com. Visitors looking for parking will be directed to municipal garages B and D on 2nd and Hudson St, respectively.