The recent turn of events in Hoboken regarding accurate information has spread to even one neutral website focused on food and drink in the Mile Square.
Apparently, Hoboken411’s lies just got one too long even for them. So the Boken, a regular on our short listed Blog roll here is coming out to defend the City of Hoboken!
One thing that we have not done here on The Boken Online is engage the biased other news source in town Hoboken 411.
We feel that this time we need to intervene and stick up for the city of Hoboken.
In response to their post titled “Hertz Corner Cars Exempt from Street Cleaning” written on June 30thHoboken 411 goes on to say:
“Since the Connect by Hertz Corner Cars launched in Hoboken recently – Hoboken411 has been receiving a steady stream of concerns about this community car sharing program that city transportation czar Ian Sacs said will “remove 750 cars from the streets.”
So far, over 100 residents have signed up to the program, but no cars have been relinquished.
Some comments from the residents I’ve spoken with:
- “Only $100 a month? I’d pay double that to have my own private spot in front of my apartment!”
- “Who inspects the cleanliness of the parking spots? What’s the fine for non-compliance? Why can’t I be exempt from street cleaning if I sweep my spot too?”
Hoboken411 goes on to say:
“It seems to me that the concept behind this Corner Cars program, is so lazy residents don’t have to walk more than a block or two before they can sit down again and drive wherever they’re going.”
Wow, so not only are we going to bash the City of Hoboken for trying to improve the parking situation but Hoboken411 even goes so far as to insult the residents by calling them lazy.
Lets cut through all of this and get to the facts, we checked with the city administration, and this is what the deal is regarding keeping the area clean.
1. Care maintenance and cleaning (every 2 weeks) is coordinated to coincide with street cleaning regs.
2. Regular use of the vehicles will often result in the cars not being parked when street cleaning occurs
3. If 1 and 2 are not working hertz has agreed to manually clean up the area around the car.
The Bokens response to the resident who said that they “would pay double to have a parking spot in front of their apartment” you wouldn’t mind sharing your car with 50 other families now would ya?