Councilwoman Tiffanie Fisher: “Important! Marijuana Meeting 11/19 at 630 pm!”
- What is the status of the State level legislation? When do we think it will be voted on and what will be included?
- How is Senator Stack expected to vote on the legislation?
- What research did the Administration do in preparation for their proposed ordinance?
- What commitments will Hoboken Police make in terms of enforcing the prohibition of smoking marijuana in public places? How do we expect to keep it off our sidewalks?
- What do we expect the three proposed Marijuana Establishments to generate in tax revenue for the State and for Hoboken?
- What do we expect the additional costs of compliance and enforcement to be?
- What does decriminalization mean? How many people in Hoboken are arrested for marijuana use annually? What is the current enforcement practices?
- Why are the cost of the licenses only $15,000?
- Are child care and preschool locations included in the 1000 ft. exclusionary zone?
- Why would the I1-W zone be included in the inclusionary area if the area was recommended in our recently approved Land Use Element to be rezoned as a residential zone R-4?
- How do we realistically expect our current unruly bar scene to be impacted by the sale of recreational marijuana? Edibles in particular.
- Why does Hoboken have to be first?
This is such a major change for our community and the Administration was pushing to move forward with no public meeting. But I insisted that we have one prior to any vote. Personally, I don’t see the rush and would prefer no vote is taken until the State level vote occurs. Then we know what we are voting on. But this is fluid, and we should all be trying to become as more educated as possible in the interim so I hope you will join me and other members of our local government at the meeting tomorrow night.